Saturday, May 20, 2017

Every day you're alive is a special occasion



I was wishing Donna a Happy Birthday over on her lovely blog the other day and I was reminded of this story. It's something I read in an advice column back in the 90's maybe, in the local paper so it must have been published in Dear Abby or Ann Landers.  

If you have an extra two minutes it might just put a different spin on your day.

This isn't the way I remember the story as I read it but I guess that's the way it is with memories. I must have been a teenager at the time but it stuck with me.  Even more so over the years as time has passed and loved ones have passed away.

It's worth thinking about.  None of us know how much time we have.  None of us. Ever. 

But you can choose to live. Put on the lipstick.  Have the second, or what the hell, third glass of wine.  Cook the elaborate meal.  Tell friends you love them. Make the effort. Find something in the everyday, never mind how small or insignificant it may seem to others.  Show up to your life.

It matters.

1 comment:

  1. This made me cry. The care you take to do things beautifully and well has touched my heart. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete