Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Container gardening

The tiller is still broken so I haven't been able to get into the second side of the garden yet. It doesn't matter anyway because it has absolutely poured here for the last week and the ground is too soggy to till like this.

So I've been planting some containers in the meantime.


These are some of the alpine strawberries grown from seed.  I still have another two dozen to plant.


Rosemary, thyme, oregano, strawberries and basil (not germinated yet). This is right by the door so I can pop out if I need something while cooking.


Some sedum in an iron pot.  This is from a couple of years ago but it's looking great. It's perched on a stump which is covered with wild strawberries - already tiny berries coming!


Here's the front porch.  I planted a bunch of little dahlias here and I hope that by the time the pansies die down the dahlias have filled out. 


Closer look.


Here's a little fern planted in the porch basket.


So, now all that is left to plant is about.... wow... three more flats of plants!

2 comments:

  1. Each year I say I'm going to have less in pots and every year I end up with more!

    ReplyDelete